Lawful Basis for Processing Personal Data
For the purposes of The GDPR, We are the Data Processor when selling on our website and processes all personal data lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner. Under Article 6 of The GDPR, the lawful basis on which we process personal data received from our website is that of “Contract” - whereby processing is necessary in order to fulfill buyer orders and enquiries. We retain information, such as transaction information for internal financial accounting purposes. It is a legal requirement to retain this information for a period of 7 years.
Data we Receive: Personally Identifiable Information
We receive personally identifiable information voluntarily submitted by buyers when placing an on-line order. The data we receive includes: name, billing address, delivery name, delivery address, e-mail address (in encrypted format), telephone number, date of order, items ordered, value of items ordered, chosen method of delivery. We do not sell or rent personally identifiable information to any third party for any purpose.
How we use buyers’ personal information
we may use any personal buyer information provided by yourself to:
• process and dispatch buyers’ order/s
• carry out regulatory checks to meet our legal obligations
• prevent and detect crime
• develop and improve our products
• undertake anonymised statistical analysis we won’t be able to identify individuals from this data)
we treat all information we hold about buyers as private and confidential. we will not reveal any personal details or details concerning buyers’ orders to anyone not connected with us, unless:
• a buyer asks us to reveal the information, or we have a buyer’s permission to do so
• were required or permitted to do so by law
• it is required by law enforcement, fraud prevention or credit reference agencies
we may share buyer personal information with our suppliers, service providers and other contractors only to fulfil orders buyers place with us
Data Subject Access Requests
Under The GDPR buyers are entitled to obtain from us (the Data Processor for the purposes of The GDPR when selling on put website a copy of the data held concerning them and to have any inaccuracies in the data rectified. we re obliged to provide this data to you within 1 calendar month of the request and free of charge. However we ave the right to refuse or charge for requests that are manifestly unfounded or excessive and repetitive.
The Beauty Rack is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The Beauty Rack may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and payment details
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To process your order and obtain payment
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.